Pioneer Fitness Guardian Hip Band - Level 3
Pioneer’s hip bands have arrived! We have hip bands made from four of Pioneer's elastic which provide different levels of resistance.
The Pioneer Guardian Hip Band is a step above the Enforcer Hip Band which still provides a good amount of stretch but adds further resistance. Over multiple repetitions you can really feel this band working those muscles!
Use the hip band during your warm up to pre-activate the hip abductor, hip flexor and external rotator muscles. The band will also help with glute activation (and you will also get some activation in your legs too especially with the higher level bands).
A quick dynamic warm up with the hip band could look like this:
- Position the hip band just above the knee
- Walk forwards (about 30m) keeping your feet straight
- Walk backwards (about 30m) keeping your feet straight
- A progression with walking would be a side step motion pushing your legs forward and out to the side as you go
- Side steps (about 30m) keeping your feet straight
- A progression on side steps would be to do the movement in a semi-squat position (bent at the hips, keeping your chest up and back neutral)
- Squats (approx. 10-20) keeping knees out
- You can incorporate static squat holds too if you wish
Not only will using a hip band help improve mobility and thus help improve your form/position during your lifts it can also help improve performance. Read more about Post-Activation Potentiation here.
- Durable thick elastic
- Heavy duty stitching
- 28" in diameter / 14" end to end
- 100% Made in the USA