Pioneer Fitness Red Line Hip Band - Level 1
(available while stocks last)
Pioneer’s hip bands have arrived! We have hip bands made from five of Pioneer's elastic which provide different levels of resistance.
The Red Line Hip Band is the entry-level product in the range which offers an excellent amount of stretch, so it a perfect place to start if you have never used a hip band before.
Use the hip band during your warm-up to pre-activate the hip abductor, hip flexor and external rotator muscles. The band will also help with glute activation (and you will also get some activation in your legs too especially with the higher level bands).
A quick dynamic warm-up with the hip band could look like this:
- Position the hip band just above the knee
- Walk forwards (about 30m) keeping your feet straight
- Walk backwards (about 30m) keeping your feet straight
- A progression with walking would be a side-step motion pushing your legs forward and out to the side as you go
- Side steps (about 30m) keeping your feet straight
- A progression on side steps would be to do the movement in a semi-squat position (bent at the hips, keeping your chest up and back neutral)
- Squats (approx. 10-20) keeping knees out
- You can incorporate static squat holds too if you wish
Not only will using a hip band help improve mobility and thus help improve your form/position during your lifts it can also help improve performance. Read more about Post-Activation Potentiation here.
- Durable surgical elastic
- Heavy-duty stitching
- 100% Made in the USA